This is what I’m doing with my Saturdays now. A lot of beer drinking and “creativity”, seasoned with a fuckton of cleaning afterwards. Boyfriend made this shot laughing, because apparently I looked like a fly trying to wash it’s little hands….maybe it’s the glasses…
I must be getting old, because baking under the sun, while soaking a 2 pounds jacket in a sleazy basin seems like a better idea than going out to see “The Great Gatsby”.
The book was boring, so were the characters, but I would have endured all this in the name of Leo Dicaprio’s pecks in a tight white sweater…ahm. The tight white sweater is fine, except it’s in 3D, and I feel 3D nowadays is just a poor excuse to get more money from the public, while pretending that the movie’s subtitles aren’t the only ones in freakin 3D. Anyways, back to fashion..
I bet you remember this jacket from this post. I wanted to make it half pink so I bought dye, watched a whole lot of youtube videos and then did this shit my way and stained our balcony with pink spots.
For those of you who like the result and are interested in a tutorial here are the steps.
1. Drink beer. Everything is easier when there’s beer involved.
2. Boil water, pour it in a bucket or basin, pour 300 grams of salt (it helps absorb the color) then the dye (use gloves), mix it all up. (I used the most cheap ass dye in the WORLD and it did the job pretty well)
3. Moisten the jacket where you want the dye to be, so it will absorb it evenly.
4. Soak the jacket, while constantly lifting it up and down if you want to achieve this slightly dissolving pink shade. You need to do that for at least half an hour. If you want a saturated color from top to bottom, leave it to soak for an hour.
5. Carefully (not like me) lift the jacket and rinse it with water until it stops dripping dye. Put on to dry.
Share dah love!